Pizza Hut Brings Back Detroit-Style Pizza With New “Make Your Own” Option
Detroit-Style Pizza is back on the menu at Pizza Hut stores nationwide for a limited time.
To celebrate its return, Pizza Hut is giving Hut Rewards members a day Early access starting August 24, while everyone can get their hands on fan-favorite Detroit-style pizza from August 25, 2021.
Each Detroit-Style the pizza is rectangular in shape with cheese all the way to the edge creating a caramelized crust, loaded with toppings and finished with streaks of premium vine-ripened tomato sauce.
Additionally, and for the very first time ever, Detroit-style pizza will be available as a new ‘Create your own‘, where anyone can create their own Detroit-style pizza with up to five toppings.
For those who enjoyed the original offerings, three prefabricated artisan recipes are back, including:
- Double pepperoni: Top with 32 slices of regular pepperoni and 48 slices of the signature Pizza Hut Crispy Cupped Pepperoni.
- Luxury meaty: Loaded with Bacon, Italian Sausage and Crispy Pepperoni in Cup.
- Supreme: Topped with Italian sausage, red onions and green peppers.
According to Pizza Hut, demand for Detroit-style pizza was found to be so high on its debut that the brand was forced to pull the Detroit-style ad almost two weeks earlier because the pizza was selling earlier than. planned.
Other interesting information about Detroit:
- The most popular Detroit-style pizza was Double Pepperoni.
- The demand for Detroit-Style was double (sometimes triple) in the Detroit area.
- So big was the launch of Detroit-Style that it spiked Google searches for the phrase “Detroit-Style Pizza”.
Detroit-style pizza is available now at participating stores nationwide for contactless delivery, takeout, curbside pickup or the recently introduced digital order pickup window, The Hut Lane.
Image courtesy of Pizza Hut / Chew Boom Mashup